Learn ISO 45001 and how to audit to it
Looking for an ISO 45001 Transition course? See here.
This dynamic ISO 45001 Internal Auditor training course equips participants with the knowledge and skills required to perform process audits of modern Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Management Systems, in accordance with the Auditing Guidelines of ISO 19,011.
This training course focuses on ISO 45001 – which supersedes arguably the world's most famous Standard relating to Health and Safety systems: OHSAS 18001. Your SQMC tutor will take you through the Standard (written in 'human-friendly terms') giving you a fantastic grounding in its clauses, before explaining SQMC's time-tested tips and techniques of conducting friendly and efficient, value-adding Process Audits of a Health and Safety Management System.
Foundation and Internal Auditor training in one
This course is designed to be enjoyable and illuminating from start to finish, using accelerated learning techniques and a layered approach to the extensive new information you'll become aware of. Because we are not bound by any IRCA criteria for this particular course, we have condensed the content and eliminated the need to take the extra day of training on the ISO 45001 Standard, that may be required by other providers. Therefore, most delegates find it relatively easy to pick up the subject in our two-day format; and with our expert coaching, do very well in the continuous assessment exercises. Our 100% pass rate for the OHSAS 18001 Internal Auditor course in 2017 confirmed this!
Outline of points we'll cover while you're with us
We keep our ISO 45001 Internal Auditor training course as interactive as possible, with plenty of group work, and practical exercises. Our enthusiastic tutor will give you a great grounding in:
- The new, global Standard for designing and assessing Health and Safety procedures – ISO 45001:2018.
- We'll explain the correspondence between the ISO 45001 Standard, and two other commonly used Standards for Process Audits: ISO 9001 (for Quality), and ISO 14001 (for Environmental Systems). You may encounter these when working with your Safety Management System.
- The Requirements of an Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Management System, using ISO 45001 as your yardstick.
- Getting to grips with Documentation and Interpretation; including hazard analysis and risk assessment.
- Understand the principles, methodology, preparation and performance of an Internal Audit, utilising the ISO 19,011 Standard for Auditing Guidelines.
- The key to selecting the Audit sample, and the subsequent preparation of your line of questioning – get this right and you'll perform Process Audits with increased confidence.
- How to prepare the findings and statements for a Corrective Action Report.
- Master the art of straightforward Audit Reporting, against an appropriate case study.
- A look at Corrective & Preventive Action, the follow-up process, and then surveillance.
Progression routes for a career in auditing
Once you've gained this qualification as an Safety Internal Auditor, you may find it useful to complement it with training in either Environmental or Quality Management Systems – or both. Our qualified and experienced tutors (who are all Chartered Professionals) are more than happy to offer you their own personal guidance on your career progression, which varies from person to person, depending on a number of factors.
Length of course
- Foundation plus Internal Auditor in one
- Training manual
- Quality, restaurant lunches
SuitabilityIdeal for all levels. Features a condensed Foundation course within Day 1, covering the Standard.