Creating confident, valuable internal EMS auditors
We pride ourselves in producing positive, enthusiastic auditors; and we award successful participants with a well-respected ISO 14001 Internal Auditor qualification which demonstrates a high standard of training – beneficial for particular HR developmental requirements. You'll have the confidence to go back to work and use your new skills and knowledge to add value to your current Environmental Management System (EMS), audit it, or perhaps even design and implement a new system from the ground up. An effective and efficient EMS can have a dramatic effect on your organisation's bottom line, and we want to prepare you to play a key role in this, gaining yourself kudos as an environmental professional.
Unique: Foundation and Internal Auditor training in one
No prior experience of ISO 14001 or Environmental Management is necessary to enrol for this ISO 14001 Internal Auditor training course. Our qualified tutors quickly identify your personal experience level, and layer the training content according to you learning preferences and pace. To maximise cost-effectiveness for our clients, we've chosen to condense the material that some other providers spread over three days, into just two: a foundational look at the clauses of ISO 14001, plus comprehensive coaching on how to prepare, conduct and report on an internal audit against the Standard.
A 9-point rundown of what you'll learn
Delegates attending this ISO 14001 Internal Auditor training course take part in practical scenarios, dynamic case-studies, and team work. SQMC Tutors encourage your questions – no matter how basic you may think they are – as part of a series of lively (not lengthy!) lectures. In only two days, you can learn, understand and appreciate all of the following:
- The world-famous International Standard for designing and assessing Environmental procedures – ISO 14001.
- You'll be introduced to another important Environmental Standard in the 14000 'family': ISO 14004. You may encounter this when implementing an EMS.
- The Requirements of an Environmental Management System, using the latest versions of ISO 14001 as your yardstick.
- Getting to grips with Documentation and Interpretation.
- Understand of the principles, methodology, preparation and performance of an Internal Audit, with the ISO 19,011:2018 Standard for Auditing Guidelines.
- The key to selecting the Audit sample and the subsequent preparation of questions – get this right and you'll perform Process Audits with increased confidence.
- How to prepare the findings and statements for a Corrective Action Report.
- Master the art of straightforward Audit Reporting, against an EMS case study.
- A look at Corrective & Preventive Action, the follow-up process, and then surveillance.
Further enhancement of your CV
You will take away a very real, useable skillset and knowledge base. If you decide to add yet more auditing qualifications to your CV in this field, you might consider training as a Supplier Auditor; or complementing your environmental background with further qualifications in quality, energy, or health and safety management.
Length of course
- Foundation and Internal Auditor in one
- Extensive reference manual
- Quality, restaurant lunches
SuitabilityIdeal for all levels. Includes a condensed ISO 14001 Foundation session on Day 1.
Assessment & CertificationContinuous Assessment verified by a Certificate of Successful Completion, issued by the Scottish Quality Management Centre.
Arrange this course in-house anywhere in Europe.